Saturday, December 02, 2006

Self discipline, how does it work? Can you be taught self discipline? Is it an inherited trait? I had a lot of time to think about this and other in depth things as I biked 33 miles in the rain by myself most of the time. Dustin and Dave were running 20 miles in prep for the Jax marathon, and I definitely didn't want to run anywhere close to that mileage, but wanted to get a good workout in. I placed gatorade, water, and gus for the boys. Dave completed his longest run ever and I completed my longest ride ever. Dustin's achilles tendon was bothering him, so he "only" ran 18, but did well despite the pain. So, I hadn't been biking for awhile, but that was pretty hard, and we have to bike 79 more miles for the race in September. Pretty crazy! I did want to run a little after the bike, but I only ran 1.5 miles because my feet were cramping up so badly because they were wet and cold. (Although not as cold as it would have been biking in Kansas or Missouri after the awful snow/ice storms they had recently. My parents still don't have electricity, but I know they are okay, because they turned the generator on long enough to email.)

Tonight, we are going to a fundraiser for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at Heather's. It should be a lot of fun, so we need to get some rest before the party.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

You are a superstar biker! Keep up the good work.
Hope your parents have electric soon.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home