Saturday, January 27, 2007

Thursday night, we went to a "marathon spin class" for 2 hours and 10 minutes on a bike going nowhere under the instruction of Bob and his great CD's of music. I won't lie, it was hard. I burned 1160 calories and sweated my *** off! Dustin and Megan also did it and we will definitely do it again for sure! I hope that while I'm biking the 112 miles of the Ironman, I will be able to think of that great music from spin class pushing me up those awful hills in Wisconsin!
(Dustin and I also swam 1200 meters afterwards while Megan started her drive to Savannah, crazy girl!)

Friday, we were off, but we took our bikes in to have some minor tuneups and then went to PF Changs for dinner!

Saturday, we went for a 25 mile bike with Nate downtown over the Acosta Bridge and down San Jose; it was a nice ride and nicer weather than we expected (in the low 60's). We averaged about 17 mph and burned 896 calories. Then, we were supposed to run for 15 minutes right afterwards, but we wanted to do some bridge running while we were down there, so we ran across the Acosta again and back, and that is never easy! We ended up running for about 25 minutes. It was a nice workout and then we came back and had leftover PF Changs!

We are doing pretty well with our training so far, so I'm proud of us. We are really busy with that and the starting of our business, so we weren't going to sign up for Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society this season. However, my grandma in St. Louis (Maw Maw, I call her) just got diagnosed with non Hodgkins lymphoma, so we feel compelled to do an event in her honor. We will just be signing up for the sprint tri, but will be committing to raise over $3000 again. I think we can do it pretty easily though; we've got this fundraising thing figured out and we have unbelievable supporters all over the country. Maw Maw will be starting chemo soon, as long as she is well (she is in the hospital right now and she is anemic and weak, but staying positive). I wish that I could be there with her, but I know the rest of my family is supporting her well. My parents are constantly calling me to update us on her status. I will keep updating this blog with her status also. Our Team in Training website is www.angelfire.com/sports/marathon if you want to check out our involvement since 2001 with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

3 Comments:

Blogger ablelam said...

Hello! You have a very nice blog! I'm here to share valuable info with you visit my blog,about Mozilla Firefox web browser.

12:24 AM  
Blogger hesongping said...

Hello! You have a very nice blog! I'm here to share valuable info with you visit my blog,about Mozilla Firefox web browser.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its here

phentermine search ENGINE
phentermine
tramadol
Farm Search Engine

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home