Sunday, February 11, 2007

First things first with Maw Maw. She is doing better and is ready for her treatment to begin. She goes to get a port in her chest tomorrow, and then starts her chemotherapy on Thursday. It will last 4-5 hours and then she will have to go in the next day for a shot. She is staying optimistic and they say the treatments are have been really effective. We think of her often during our training and are thankful for what we are able to do in her honor. We have raised $1176 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in just two weeks from our great supporters that we have emailed. Thanks again!

Now, I will go back to last week and catch you up:
Superbowl Sunday: We wanted to bike later in the day when it was warmer, but Megan insisted that we go in the morning, so we met her at 8 AM at Monument/McCormick and it was 42 degrees and windy! We biked the long, steep bridges on Wonderwood and were hardly moving with the wind. Our hands and feet were completely frozen, but we were making it. We biked down to the beach and got almost to Sneakers, when I had to make a bathroom stop. As I come out of the bathroom, I sadly find that Dustin and Megan were conspiring a plan to go back because they were cold. I was cold too, but wanted to keep going. I kept thinking of Rick and Dick Hoyt, Blazeman, etc who if they could, would love to be able to go for a bike ride, no matter the temperature. They weren't having my positive attitude, so we turned around. Megan's boyfriend was in from out of town, so I could see the point in her wanting to get back (because we were going slow because of the wind). However, Dustin was going to have to wait for me in the car anyway, so I continued to try to persuade him with my positive attitude. His poor, frozen feet weren't having that though, so his wimpy butt went back to the car and waited as I biked 10 more miles to total 35. I felt very accomplished afterwards, was proud that I continued on without them, but was very disappointed in Dustin. He is the reason I signed up for this Ironman so we could do it together before he is back at sea. I never thought that he would wimp out on me like that, and I hope he never does it again. Okay, got that off my chest, whooo! We went to Panera afterwards to defrost and then got ready for the Superbowl.

Monday, we went for a 5 mile run around Hickory Creek neighborhood (we were supposed to swim, but Dustin had stitches from a mole removal on his back).

Tuesday, Dustin had class, and I got consumed with business, and Team in Training stuff, so we skipped a day!

Wednesday, Dustin had sailing practice and an 8 mile run was on the schedule. Because of Team in Training, I have never run long distances by myself, but I was going to have to that day. I went up to Ed Austin park where they have a 1.7 mile loop that I ran 4 times plus some more. It sucked running alone, but I was proud of myself when I was done.

Thursday, we went to Bob's spin class and then to the Masters swim where we got all kinds of good advice from Christina and a good workout too! We swam 1800 meters.

Friday, we were off, Saturday, we met the new TNT group at Ballwin Trail and rode 30 miles (just Megan and Dustin and I did that many). We ran 2 miles afterwards. It was still cold, but not as cold as last week. I was pleased to say that Megan and Dustin didn't leave me this time. I think their feet hurting, hurt less than me talking about how they "broke the circle of trust" last week, so they were troopers this time! Thanks guys! I trust you again!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Search engines try it


4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home