Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Friday, we left for Salt Lake City, to ski with Thierry and Stef. Saturday and Sunday, we skiied all day. It was a lot of fun and none of us got injured, so that's good! We weren't even as sore as I thought we would be; probably because we had been biking so much, so our quads were in better shape than previous ski trips.

We got back on Monday night and slacked off until Wednesday, trying to catch up with life.

Wednesday, I ran 4 miles near our house and then we went to the TNT swim practice with Roberta and swam 1700 meters.

Thursday, we went to spin class with Bob, but skipped swim because Shawn and Mia were coming into town and we didn't want to overdue it before the Gate River Run. Friday was our day off.

Saturday, we ran the Gate River Run downtown; it's actually the National 15K championships. No, we didn't win, but we finished in the top 10%, so we got hats for that, which was very cool! Dustin finished the 9.3 miles in 1:08:54 (7:24 minute mile) and I finished in 1:15:08 (8:04 minute mile). We were happy with our times, especially despite the HEAT and no gatorade on the course! We had a TNT tailgate party afterwards and hung out with Shawn and Mia, and then took them to Clark's Fish Camp, which was fun!

Sunday, after Shawn and Mia left, we rode 35 miles from Atlantic Beach past Micklers and then ran over 3 miles on the beach. We felt pretty darn good for being sore from the Gate River Run.

Monday, we swam 2000 meters at the Riverside Y pool. I stepped it up a bit and decided to push myself a little bit. We swam 2000 meters straight and I averaged 1 minute, 3 seconds for a 50 meter lap and Dustin averaged 58 seconds. We are definitely getting faster in the pool, so that's promising! That's the distance of the 1/2 Ironman, so we are now more confident with that, although we weren't being kicked and punched and splashed by 1000's of other swimmers!

Tuesday, today, I am extremely sore. Where, you ask? Not the quads, hamstrings, calves, lower back, shoulders, neck (which have all hurt in the past). No, it's my fingers and thumbs!!! What???? Well, I had the hardest day of training so far this year, and it was because I had a flat tire and had to change it before riding today! I refused to have Dustin help me, because if that happens out on the course, we have to change it ourselves. It took me over 20 minutes, but I DID IT and I am extremely proud of that. You should have seen my hands and even legs......I looked like I had been a mechanic under cars all day with by black greasy hands! The hardest part is getting the tire back on, and I think I pretty much rubbed some of my skin off, so it's hurting to type right now!! We did ride 20 miles from the San Marco Y and then I went to Yoga afterwards. So, besides the frustrating experience of changing a tire, it was a good day with good weather and good company (love ya Dustin!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home