Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today was another good day and I actually already had dinner and it's before 10 PM! I made my favorite meal of apricot glazed salmon and I'm so proud of myself, because I cooked it on the grill. Now, I know this sounds lame, but I don't think I have ever cooked anything on the grill by myself. My Dad would cook on it growing up, my uncles, my grandpa, and then for the last 7 years, Dustin.......it's just a man's thing I guess. Well, NOT anymore....I think I did a pretty good job, but not quite as good as Dustin! I fixed fresh asparagus on the side for a wonderfully healthy meal!

I also biked 20 miles this morning and ran 5 this evening, so I'm feeling good!

I heard from Dustin by email a few times today, nothing new on his end. He said he took some pictures of the "take downs" they performed in class and he will try to send them.

So, this is the first official day in 7 years that I haven't heard his voice. Now, I miss him, don't get me wrong, but it seems like I was just talking to him (which I was last night).

I hired a person to cut, mow, and edge our lawn today, so I'm excited about that. He does a bunch of other lawns in our neighborhood and was referred to me by some neighbors, so I thought, what the heck, so he mowed our lawn today and it looks great and he only charges $25, so I thought that was pretty good. I could mow the lawn, but the edging and weed eating I do not want to do!

Well, I'm gonna relax a little by watching the movie Vanilla Sky from Netflix that somebody told me was good. Tom Cruise is in it, so it can't be too bad. I have a really busy day tomorrow and I probably won't get to write in the blog, but I will sometime this weekend. I expect a call from Dustin on Saturday afternoon/evening after he survives the pepper spray-just for him to let me know he is okay after that silly ordeal they are making them go through!

Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home