Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I had another great day today! I've been keeping so busy, but I love it! However, yesterday was not so great of a day.....it was "all technology fails Angie" day and it started early in the morning. I got up for a run around the neighborhood and I turned the computer on first thing because I wanted to see if Dustin emailed me (I'm constantly checking it like a little girl with her very first boyfriend). My gmail account was not working; it wouldn't pull up the emails. What was really frustrating was that I could see that I had emails from him, but when I would click on my Inbox, it just kept saying "redirecting." I thought it was a server problem because all the other websites I clicked on were fine, so I decided it would take a little time and be fine. So, I went on my run around the neighborhood (a pretty hard workout with sprint intervals-but only 3 miles). When I got back, still no luck with the gmail, so I called Amber and asked if she could try logging into my email on her computer to see if it was just my computer. So, she did and she got in no problem, so I ran over to her house like a little girl again and checked my email. Then, I came back and lifted some weights and got ready for work and figured I would try to access it again. Still no luck. Now, I was mad! I was mad at myself for not being able to figure it out. I was mad at myself for possibly doing something that screwed it up. I was mad at myself that I was this freakin addicted to email (I do use it a lot for communication with Team in Training and planning social events too). I seriously couldn't function without it; it was weird. So, I pushed my patients back and I called my computer nerd friend, Tony. He talked me through a bunch of stuff and none of it worked. He finally told me to try to go to Tools and Internet Options, and to delete my temporary internet files and that worked! I was so happy; I had my life back....how awful is that? :)



Then, I got in my car to go see patients and my navigation system wouldn't work; it didn't like me either. Apparently my computer told it to conspire against me. I figured out my way to this new patients house and did just fine......it ended up working later in the day.



I saw a few patients and then had to rush home for a conference call about Nations Triathlon so I could inform my participants about changes. That lasted for about an hour and suprisingly, my phone worked the whole time! Then, I decided at the last minute to go to a spin class (run by this older woman with a raspy voice and she kicked my butt-it was hard!) After lifting some weights afterwards, soaking in the hot tub, lying in the sauna, and showering in the spa like shower (this is a new YMCA in our area that is the bomb!), I drove to Melting Pot.



It was supposed to be girls night with a few girls, but no one was able to make it except for Kathy, which I'm so glad she didn't ditch me! It was a lot of fun though; we talked mainly about triathlons (she's doing Ironman Florida in Nov-her first IM) and about Dustin and her boyfriend Andre who works for Ironman. She also told me that she grew up with Sarah Haskins who is competing in the olympics in triathlon on August17th at 10 PM, so mark your calendars. Did I mention that Kathy and Sarah are both from St. Louis! How cool is that? She said that Sarah used to tell people as a little girl that she was going to the Olympics and now she really is. I was already excited about the Olympics starting on the 8th, but now I am super excited!



We had an awesome fondue dinner and I was stuffed when I returned home, so all I wanted to do was lie on the couch and watch TV (something I've been limiting myself from doing too much of). I turn on the TV, and apparently, the computer and my navigation system invited the TV to conspire against me as well! The volume would not work and I didn't do anything differently, the mute button was not on. The volume wouldn't work for the speaker or the TV. It tried changing the channel, turning everything off and on. Finally, I guess I turned everything off and on in the correct order because it blasted me out! I was glad I somehow fixed it, but I was ready for the technology difficulties to be over. Man!



So, as far as Dustin news.....most of you who would be reading this blog got an email from him with pictures attached of the ship and the rainbow, so that was cool. He also talked about how he survived the pepper spray, but his wakeboarding tshirt was ruined, so that sucked. He tried calling me on Saturday night and I must have been in the bathroom of the restaurant and didn't hear it, so that was sad. He said he tried calling later but couldn't get a line out from the ship. He did call yesterday though and there was a delay again, so that was frustrating, but he sounded good.

Here's an excerpt from one of his emails:
Last night I had Italian Sausage with grilled onions and peppers and a crabcake….yeah I know, a weird combo. I pretty much get to pick from 2 entrees and a few sides, and usually soup. So it’s usually random shit that ends up on my plate. I try to have a salad most of the time, but I found out right away that there was more fat in Balsamic Vinaigrette than in Ranch! What the fuck, I knew it tasted too good, so I’ve switched to Fat Free Italian when it’s available. The other day we had a steel beach picnic. That’s where we pull the grill out on the flight deck and grill up. I will send pics in the mass email. I also went fishing off the fantail (the back), but no one caught anything. There were about 15 poles in the water for a few hours and no bites or anything.

He also told me about how they sent some stuff out in the ocean and blew it up with a bunch of guns. He was way more technical than that and he was way more impressed with it than I am. I kind of think it's a waste sometimes, but again, that's why I'm not in the Navy. I will support him in everything he does though (at least I will try).

So, I guess I haven't written in here about my for sure plans to fly to Curacao to meet him at the end of the month! I'm so excited! Then, in October, right before they pull in to Jax, they are stopping in Port Everglades and Becky, Ken, and I are going to board the ship, spend the night and ride it into Jacksonville the next day! How exciting! So, this Navy stuff really isn't that bad. It was funny on Friday when my friends had a "pity party" for me because they were saying things like, wow! you GET to go to Curacao, you GET to ride on the Navy ship, you GET to see him in less than a month; needless to say, there wasn't much pitying going on and that's fine, because I didn't need it anyway, but I did need a fun night out and that's what they gave me! Thanks guys!

Well, this was a long one, but hopefully it caught me up for a few days anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home